Dr. Ivan Misner is the Founder and Chief Visionary Officer for BNI, the world's largest business networking organization. He has been called the “father of modern networking” by CNN and one of the “Top Networking Experts to Watch” by Forbes. He is a New York Times Best-selling author who has written 22 books.
Ivan started BNI as a way to establish a strong referral network for his and his friends' businesses. Then it grew amazingly fast and has become the largest business networking group in the world.
Tune in and glean over some of Ivan's wisdom as we discuss his career, philosophy, and influences. Learn how to follow your “flame” and delegate your “wax”, how to become more lucky, and how to find your “why.”
You can Subscribe & Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And Please Consider Leaving a Rating & Review!
“Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get to do what you want to do.” – Ivan Misner
- Ivan's genesis story of BNI — necessity is indeed the mother of invention!
- How to avoid feeling trapped by your business
- Delegating authority rather than responsibility
- The flame and wax analogy about following your passion
- Ivan’s relationship with money growing up
- “The harder you work, the luckier you get”
- How Ivan found his “why”
- On Ivan’s career mentors, cheerleaders, and guides
- About Ivan’s cancer diagnosis and The Misner Plan that was born as a result
“If you want to scale a business, do six things a thousand times; not a thousand things six times.” – Ivan Misner
- The E Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray
- Learn more about Misner Plan
- Learn more about BNI
- Get a copy of Ivan's books:
- Connect with Ivan Misner:
“Sometimes your ‘why’ can be healthy or unhealthy but recognizing it is a nexus point in one’s life.” – Ivan Misner