These days, everybody is busy all of the time — and superstar leaders, game changers and entrepreneurs are even more so! In this episode's interview, I dive deep into the topic of productivity with Neen James, who advocates forgetting “time-management” altogether, and trying “attention-management” instead.
Neen James is the author of the book Attention Pays; she is also a (fantastic) speaker and leadership expert who challenges people to wake up and pay attention to what matters most at work and in life.
Tune in for a handful of highly practical strategies that will help you take back your attention with intention.
I think you’ll love Neen’s bold outlook, strong opinions, and warm communication style. I learned a ton from this interview, and I know you will, too!
You can Subscribe & Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And Please Consider Leaving a Rating & Review!
“We need to truly be conscious of how we invest our attention, and we need to be very deliberate in what we choose to invest our attention on and who we choose to invest our attention in.” – Neen James
- The three ways we pay attention
- How to be smarter than your smartphone
- Understand your attention style and so you can maximize it
- How to bring human-ness to the communication technology you use for business
- Why prioritizing self-care is a must!
- How Neen learned to pay attention
- How to systemize thoughtfulness so you can stay connected to the people that are important to you
“You will never ever ever go wrong if you remember that every human wants to be seen and heard.” – Neen James
- Get a copy of Attention Pays by Neen James
- Read The Thought Leaders Practice by Matt Church
- Connect with Neen James:
“We’re so focused on helping everyone else get their things done, we often forget that if we don’t serve ourselves first, we’re not going to be as great a resource as we think.” – Neen James